Call for nominees to participate in WRO Working Groups
If you are interested in such a position please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as all nomination must go through the member organisation.
At the 2020 World Rescue Organisation Annual General meeting, the WRO draft Strategic Business Plan was approved by the general committee as recorded within the AGM minutes under section five. Within the plan there are a number of actions which require the creation of working groups, which have been prioritised in line with the timeframe within the plan as follows, Membership, Marketing & Funding, Education and Development and Challenge Review.
The leads for each of the working groups have been identified in line with the organisational structure. Each lead has developed a term of reference for each group which has been approved by the Executive committee. The next stage is to invite interested individuals to participate in each of the working groups. It is extremely important that each group is supported by WRO member organisations through the nomination of individuals from their own organisation. It is also agreed by the WRO Executive that some of the working groups will be closed to only nominees from WRO member organisations whilst others will be open to other interested individuals. The agreed arrangements are outlined below,
- Membership Working Group (MWG) – Lead by WRO Secretary – This will be a closed group inviting nominations from WRO members only. The MWG Terms of Reference are available within the WRO share point site.
- Marketing and Funding Working Group (MFWG) – Lead by WRO Treasurer – This will be a closed group inviting nominations from WRO members only and specialists from specific WRO partners. The MFWG Terms of Reference are available within the WRO share point site.
- Education and Development Working Group (EDWG) – Lead by WRO Director E&D – This will be an open group inviting nominations from WRO members and external individuals, see the criteria for external participants below. The EDWG Terms of Reference are available within the WRO share point site.
- Challenge Review Working Group (CRWG) – Lead by WRO Director Operations – This will be an open group inviting nominations from WRO members and external individuals, see the criteria for external participants below. The CRWG Terms of Reference are available within the WRO share point site.
Criteria for external persons participating in the EDWG and CRWG are as follows,
- Current and past assessors who have assessed at a WRO or WRO member national/regional challenge within the past four years.
- Current and past logistics staff who have delivered logistics at a WRO or WRO member national/regional challenge within the past four years.
- Extrication and Trauma team members who have participated at a WRO or WRO member national/regional challenge within the past seven years.
- Fire, Rescue, Medical instructors and specialist trainers from WRO member countries/organisations who are not currently members of a WRO member organisation.
- Other individuals specifically identified by the WRO Executive.
Actions required by all WRO member organisations – Each WRO member organisation is asked to consider nominating individuals from within their own organisation to one or more of the above working groups. It is important that each working group attracts potential working group members from all current membership levels. WRO member organisations can nominate at least one member to each working group should they wish. Please consider this message as your organisations invite to nominate individuals, see attached nomination form. Each working group will look to attract a specific number of group members, should there be an over subscription of nominees a selection process will be conducted, based on representation, knowledge and skills.
Nominated individuals, if successful will be required to commit to attendance at virtual working group meetings and contribute to the working groups work throughout the lifecycle of the working group and as outlined by the working group lead, failure to meet the requirements of the working group may result in removal from the group. All successful candidates will be identified as volunteers and therefore will not attract any renumeration from the WRO or its member organisations. Finalised work produced by the working groups and approved by the WRO committee will attract WRO intellectual property rights.
- 04//04/21 - WRO members notified of working groups and invited to nominate members from within their own organisation.
- 11/04/21 – WRO secretary advertises positions on the EDWG and CRWG via social media inviting individuals from non WRO members to consider taking part.
- 21/04/21 – WRO executive closes invite for nominations and undertakes a sift in order to identify suitable candidates for each open working group.
- 28/04/21 – WRO secretary notifies all WRO member organisations of potential working group members with the aim of identifying any potential conflicts relating to current membership of the WRO.
- 05/05/21 – WRO executive confirms working group team members and notifies successful and unsuccessful candidates.
- 08/05/21 – WRO working groups commence work as directed by working group leads.
- Working group leads will report regularly to the WRO committee on progress at least once every three months.
- Working group leads will prepare report and where required recommendations prior to each AGM. WRO committee will consider any recommendations and approve/reject completed working group work as required.
- Approved recommendations are actioned, with WRO documentation, policies, processes and social media updated.
- Outcomes are updated on the strategic business plan following the AGM.
- Working Groups which have a phased approach over a number of years will continue with their work in the lead up to future AGM’s as outlined within the working groups work plan and or Terms of Reference.